Dr. Amini sees patients in his Silver Spring, Rockville and Lanham offices for consultation for:
- Brain tumors
- Back pain
- Leg pain
- Spinal fractures
- Subdural/epidural hematomas
- And many other neurological conditions...
In addition, he performs:
- Minimally invasive diskectomies for herniated disks.
- Minimally invasive laminectomy and decompression for treatment of lumbar stenosis.
- Minimally invasive spinal fusion and instrumentation for spinal instability and advanced degenerative spinal disease.
- Open spinal decompression and stabilization for treatment of spinal trauma, spinal tumors or spinal infections.
- Craniotomies for treatment of intracranial bleeding (stroke, subdural hematoma, epidural hematoma), brain tumors (brain metastases, primary brain tumors, glioblastoma).
- Minimally invasive stereotactic biopsy for the treatment of brain tumors.
- Microscope-assisted, image-guided transphenoidal surgery for pituitary tumors.
- Shunt placement for treatment of hydrocephalus.
- Vagal nerve stimulator placement for treatment of seizure disorders.
- Ss well as many other procedures...
Dr. Amini also sees hospitalized patients as a consultant on the request of a primary doctor. He currently has privileges at Holy Cross Hospital, Prince George's Hospital, Doctors Community Hospital, Washington Adventist Hospital and Shady Grove Adventist Hospital.
In addition, Dr. Amini provides on call services for Holy Cross Hospital and Prince George's Hospital, seeing patients on an urgent or emergent basis for severe to critical brain or spine conditions.